Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Time Happy Times


Taking the Neglect-a-Saucer to a whole new level. 



Oy vey, my blogging skills are foggy - these are all out of order and I'm not fixing 'em. 



During presents, we must stop and play with everything.  Their rules, not ours.  I personally like Ben's necklace as he reads Fancy Nancy to Elliot, dying in the chair (and Santa was bamboozled by the pink chair, which is not heartily advertised as inflatable rather than plush...though Elliot does not mind one little bit.) 


Samantha emerging from the fun that is wrapping paper.  Then Elliot, Zoe and the Christmas tarantula joined her in the pile.  

Cousins slogging through Oyster (cracker) stew.  

And then for Boxing Day, it was on to Disney on Ice!  I felt a little bad, like I was leading my baby to an addiction when in preparation for the ice show, I had her watching OnDemand Clubhouse Disney in order to familiarize her with Mickey Mouse et al.  Nothing against Mickey, its just that we somehow forgot we had the Disney Channel, so wind up on PBS Sprout a bunch. Curious George rules our roost.  Well, ruled.  We were only able to squeeze in about 2-3 episodes, but that is all it took.  Now she is singing along and recognizing all the characters, and will soon be begging for a trip to Disney World.

We arrived plenty early for our first family trip to the Boston Garden.And when you pre-order the tickets from some Mayor Mumbles Menino holiday special, they don't exactly seat you up close.  No worries for us though, we weren't sure if we would have to leave early like the Mary Poppins sing along debacle. 
Yeah, we were like 6 rows from the top.   And there so early, we got to have a little private muchos nachos picnic in the stands.  This is before Samantha melted down, froze and caught her death of a fever cold during the performance, before I kicked the grandpa in front of me trying to catch Elliot from falling down the stairs (I apologized, but still go the glare), and the girl behind us tossed her $10 snow cone onto the woman next to me, who was incidentally wearing a waterproof coat and still gave that 4 year old the New England huff & glare (a stiffer version of the one I got).  



Never has the bottom of a Christmas tree been so lovely and adorned .  This is only 1 branch of course.  When you decorate with a 2 year old, they all look nicer closer together.  I was having flashbacks of my mom harping on me to space out the ornaments and to stop hanging them from the wires instead of the branches.
And before Christmas, it snowed.  A lot.  Not as much as you midwesterners got, so I am not complaining.  Elliot got a treat to crawl through our neighbor's ice castle.

We built our first snowman.  
Samantha's first snow.  She loved it.  She hated being suited up, but loved being outside.  Elliot was the complete opposite at this time last year.



No comments: