Thursday, May 14, 2009

All Baptized Up

There's a story for every picture. And I should be making time to tell how Samantha boldly took tantrums to a whole new level during the service, didn't mind getting wet, wouldn't sit in our pew, and then marched down the aisle after the procession and danced with the choir, fell backwards and hit her head, but did not cry, and then the old church pastor came up to us at the end and said, "you might need to do her twice, seems the devil was about half way up to her belly..." not sure what this meant and Ben assures me he was kidding, but, yeah, Samantha was definitely making her own way. And then another guy told us that it will be a crying shame if we do not get her into hockey. Stat.


Dancing with Miriam and the choir.
Zoe holding a protesting Alden, who was also baptized that day.
Elliot and her Godfather, Brad.
Samantha and her Godparents.
Elliot with her Godparents and us.
Elliot, Stella, & Charlie enjoying some godly cake after church. My dad thinks they look like they are on a train to grandpa's house in the olden days.
Da Godfathers.
Jen, Stella & Jon above
Mindy, Charlie & Chris below

The gals lounging before church.

Rub a dub dub three babes in a tub. Hmmm, second time they all got dunked today.

And LOOK at that banner. It is my Mother's Day present. While I was in Germany, Ben & Brad lined the girls up to spell "Happy Mothers Day" yep, look close, a picture for every letter. And the girls are scrubbed and matching. Good job Ben! You set the bar tooooo high.

4 comments:

Auntie Kassi said...

1. That mothers day gift is AWESOME!!!!! Way to go Ben!

2. The pic of Zoe and Alden....where are Alden's legs?! I was studying it for a good 5 minutes....

3. As usual, the girls are gorgeous, and it makes me sad that I'm not there.

benandsherie said...

Alden's legs are curled up behind him basically kicking Zoe in the butt. She likes to carry him around - he's almost half her size!

Beth said...

Um, we should not compare mother's day events. I would surrender crying. That banner blows away all other gifts I heard about.....

Sara said...

Lucy was baptized by Miriam in that same church!! And I think I saw my friend Lynne in the background of your photos, who looks like she was holding Lucinda in a christening gown. SMALL WORLD!