Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In It to End It - Walk 40 Miles

Picture taking has fallen way down the priority list lately - which is not a good thing for a photo-based blog.  I've found a few from the last couple weeks to keep us telling a tale.

First, our dear friends visited from LA with their super-cheery Zoe, or "Baby Gibson" as we liked to call her.  We had a whirl-wind tour of Boston during a torrential monsoon.  They were troopers as we were soaked to the bone in puddles up to our ankles, pushing strollers for cover in the aquarium and then Faneuil  Hall.


We had grand plans for dinner in the North End, but after we came home and cleaned up, the skies opened up again and we took them to dinner at the picturesque, Alewife T station (well, Jasper Whites).  The men braved out for a cannoli show-down.  In a blind taste-test, Mike's Pastry once again prevailed - even though we claim to hate it for being too touristy, it keeps winning the blind tests over Bova & Modern.

On Mother's Day the weather was nicer, we walked through Harvard Square and I think our toddlers may have run them out of town.  Tantrum central at our house lately ...  I know it's just a phase I will look back on and laugh, but really, they chased their own grandparents out a few weekends prior!

So then there was the weekend of my participation in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.  It is 40 miles over  2 Days.  You know this, because I likely hit you up for cash.  I raised over $2300 thanks to all you donors!  


The walk was awesome!  The weather was so great I am probably ruined for all future walks.  If I could have fun walking with my client and her boyfriend for 40 miles, I was thinking how great it would be to do it with girlfriends.  So watch out, Girl Weekend, Sherie's vote is that we find a cause and commit to 20 miles or so.   What could be better than a leisurely, well planned, good cause where you just get to meander and chat all day with scheduled snack breaks?  Okay, I am leaving out the part about how after 26 miles on the first day, I could NOT walk and almost did not return to day 2 for the final 13 miles.  But, I did.  And it was great.  But maybe 20 miles is enough for the future.

Oh, and did I mention how great Ben, Elliot & Samantha were?  They spent their whole weekend shuttling me and cheering me on at various points...it was spectacular!

2 comments:

Lorakasha said...

I'm gonna come back and be your family photographer. And WoooHOoo for 40 miles!! Congrats :)

Kate said...

that's a long way! congrats.