Saturday, September 25, 2010

Summer slow down

Really, I consider myself a blogger? I have two and I have not logged in to either in a month. Maybe its because I've started reading other people's blogs and that is influencing my psyche on blogging. They all seem concerned with how many hits they have and increasing readership through links and weighing their worth by comments, not to mention they seem to be making it their full time job - whereas I have a full time job already, so this is just a hobby. And its just a scrapbook for me and a way for my family in Illinois to keep up with my two little beauties. Oh, and we are trying to sell our house, buy a new house, fill my new job description, and grow a baby too. I hope you are not reading it here first...but its true! We have another little Heywood on the way coming to us in February. I'm gonna need a new blog title! And I am going to need to find some time or a faster way to upload my non-professional photos. I think I will get on that.

2 comments:

Lorakasha said...

Don't feel bad, people just want to see pics of the beautiful family :) I nag about comments because I don't think anyone actually reads my blog..and if that's the case, I really am just narcissistic, LOL. And I have no idea how to check 'hits.'

I do have a solution for finding time to upload pictures....outsource! I can help in a few short months, and it will keep me from posting pics of the babies on mine ;)

Kate said...

Congratulations! Yea! I was not hearing it here first but did not know if it was public news yet. So exciting.

So anyway, remember to keep your priorities straight. First order of business: come up with baby name. Second: come up with new blog name. I'd put those in opposite order, except that you might need the answer to the first to resolve the second.

Good luck!

P.S. I know what you mean. I think people need to think of blogs like golfing. LOTS of people like to golf for a hobby. A teeny tiny fraction of them can make a living doing it. Not to kill anyone's dreams, but why do so many people think they can pay their mortgage through blogging?