Monday, March 28, 2011

House Preview

We have not yet moved into our new house that we have had for almost a month because we are doing some work.  I am not decided on how well I will document the process and whether there will be a separate home renovation blog, but as a little teaser preview, here's a fun before and after pic of what is happening so far:  Ceilings were smoothed from prickly plaster to smooth and (gasp wood-lovers!) we painted the wood wainscoting...

Living Room Before Paimt

Living Room after paint
Looks like I need to work on recreating the same shot (I was not planning on doing this) and there is so much more to come, given that I love my new house, but really don't like many of the finishes and fixtures in it.  Hello?  Who has fireplace makeover ideas for me?

5 comments:

Kate said...

ooh - I like the painted wood!

check it:
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/10/sneak-peek-best-of-fireplaces.html

Mindy said...

Somehow my first comment did not post...definitely love the painted wood; want you to do a renovation blog; and I vote for painting the fireplace! It is killing me to not live there anymore...I want to pore over tile samples and color swatches!

Sara C said...

I painted the brick on my fireplace...used Benjamin Moore "porch and patio" paint. SO glad I did!

Sara said...

I painted the brick on my fireplace...used Benjamin Moore "porch and patio" paint. SO glad I did!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the painted wood! And paint the fireplace! It sticks out sore thumb style with the new gorgeous painted wood ; )
--Wendy