Sunday, March 29, 2009

America's Got Talent

Ben is off at the Celtics game.  I am home putting the girls to bed.  Before putting on PJs, Elliot wanted to see her new ballerina box - with the leotard from Charlie and the tutu from Zoe, and the, ahem, hard hat from Touch a Truck day last spring.   They were so wound up from the post dinner cupcake (WHOSE idea was that?!) I was scouring the house for some lavender to try and knock them out.  Then I found "Mozart for Babies - Quiet-time".  I was just so thankful for anything besides Mother Goose - and oh it was soothing.  I had just this week been looking up ballet classes for Elliot - and well, we might not need them after all.  Maybe she will take after her mama and have a natural talent for lots of things - that when faced with lessons gets all botched up.  Like how I used to like to paint, and then took lessons and then could only seem to paint Alien Space Garlic.  But then, maybe my painting was always Alien Space Garlic and only when I took lessons did I realize my inadequacy - either way, lessons may just hold her back.  To my knowledge, she has never seen ballet or danced to anything slower than Gwen Stefani, but she busted out with this.



Oh that's right, dances, sings and plays an instrument.  What I love is poor Samantha up past her bedtime, but also getting her groove on.  As if its not enough to wear a hard hat during ballet, Elliot steps it up to dance again ... 




3 comments:

Auntie Kassi said...

That's it, I'm moving to Boston...

crystal said...

love it!

Kate said...

I love it: "Is this right?"

Yes, of course, it is! Everyone knows that the Zorro mask goes with the hard hat ballet.