Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chicago in February - Part 5. The Final Verse.

The vacation that never ends,  it goes on and on my friends.  The last days of our vacation in were not in sunny tropical palm locals, though the pics below might suggest otherwise.  We were actually at the Garfield Park Conservatory.  What a great place to blow off kid steam!  Not a destination entirely on its own (like I wouldn't drive from Wonder Lake just to spend an hour there, but if I was in the city with 2 little kids, hey, why not?).  They had a little scavenger hunt game that Elliot really enjoyed - and we were just happy for some sunshine.  

Above, Elliot is discovering the scavenger hunt and putting a sticker on the score we found.  Is a 2 year old supposed to be more than half as tall as me, I wonder?  Below about sums up our trip.  As Ben says, the look on my face is priceless as Elliot hacks up a lung onto my shoulder...that is pretty much how we spent 5 of our 6 days there.  

Finally feeling good again, time to hit the pool in the hotel.  

See the little white steamed bao on the napkin?  Ben loves them, so while Ellie & I were off shopping in Watertower Place, we stopped off for a "snacky snack" and brought some back to Daddy & Samantha.  Elliot loved them ... and had no qualms about noshing on the bench right outside the American Girl mecca, with nary a cry to go in the store.  While we were sitting on said bench, Mommy spied a poster for a play at the Drury Lane Theater hanging above our head.  Too bad for Daddy, because once I saw it, our fate was sealed, I had to go see Xanadu.  
We made a night of it, as the review recommended, by having fantastic cocktails in the Signature Room on the 96th floor of the John Hancock building, complete with the requisit shrimp cocktails.  Here was our view.  And after enough cocktails, we were more than happy to pose during the show...which was cheesily delicious!


No comments: